"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

THE DAY WE TRIED TO LOAD THE U-HAUL....

I've not been on-line much since we started loading the U-Haul a week ago tonight.  So I'll bring you up to speed.  Now be patient, it may take a while.  Day 1, Wednesday; picked up the U-Haul w/the auto transport trailer.  That evening Kit and Rich loaded a lot of bins and family came over to say goodbye. 

Day 2, Thursday;  Rob, Michael, Mark & Kit worked at loading the U-Haul..not sure everything will fit but we had faith.  Guess I should have asked for more help... but I didn't want to impose.  Kit worked so hard, in between going to his own job.  Rob, Michael and Mark worked hard to until they had to leave. Julie came over and took me out to find MORE boxes..yes more boxes.  Dumpster diving for boxes..too much fun I can't handle it!!   Cassies' friends came over Thursday night and Friday night, yes I said Friday night, and those boys helped a lot as did Liz and Lisa!!  Anyway back to "Day 2"...8pm at night Rich came back and helped Kit somemore..realized yep it is not all going to fit..what to do what to do.  My good friend Ellen was there, helping, and she offered to drive down my car to Oklahoma in October if we needed to trade in the auto-transport trailer for an enclosed trailer.  Hmmm will U-Haul have one and will we be able to trade?? 

Day 3, Friday; well we were supposed to be on the road heading to OKC..but I found myself at the U-Haul store at 8am (took over an hour because of the computer) trading in for a 6' x 12' trailer.  Yep I left the BMW behind!!  But we got it all loaded.  Cassie was a huge help each day and her friends helped load.  Kit finished with the last item around 11:30 that night (he had to take time off from loading to go work his job too).  So at 11:30 on Day 3 the kids were in the empty garage, well I lie about that part, we did leave a few things in the garage that would not fit.  But the kids were in the garage listening to music and having a party...a treat since Cassie got one extra day in Michigan. 

Thru it all I never broke down!  I never yelled, I didn't even throw on single thing.  I did, I admit, finally break down and cry a little on Kits' shoulder.  I felt so bad it was so late Friday and he was still working hard.  Good friends are awesome!!

Ellen was shocked that I had not pulled out every single hair on my head...I would never do that..I'd pull out someone elses!!  But no it went okay.  I just knew some things would not make it.  All my outdoor plants in my big beautiful planters.  I asked my friend Jane to come get them..I hope she did..I know she would appreciate them and take care of them.  The plow for the truck, who needs a snow plow in Oklahoma anyway?!?!  I've got it on craigs' list.  My copier and cabinet..it worked BEFORE we moved it out to the garage but when I tried to copy some papers it wouldn't work..oh well someone can have it or trash it.

As we pulled away on "Day 4" I did cry a little.  Mainly I cried for those that I will miss.  I think I will miss my little niece Emily the most.  See she is ONLY 3 and I don't want her to forget me.  Adults and older kids won't forget..I know she won't but I still tear up thinking about her..darn it!!  But other than that...as I drove that HUGE U-Haul alone, with Cassie following behind with the horses, I didn't feel sorrow, I felt joy.  Joy at being able to start a new adventure even though the start got delayed. 

You just never know what will happen on the day you try to load a U-Haul.    TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments: