"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday...Rain (again) BUT BUILD MEMORIES!!!

Welcome to spring in Michigan..unpredictable weather.  53 and rain/wind today but 79 and sunny by Thursday.  Went out with friends last night, Julie and Mark.  It's hard, isn't it, when you get invited to go out with friends and you are the "single" one in the group.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed myself, but again it is so hard to be sitting there w/o Chris.  I know he feels the same way but hey he is not blogging about it I am!! LOL
Tomorrow my mom arrives from Florida.  Her fiance surprised her on mothers' day with a ticket to come up and visit us for 10 days.  He is a great man..it has only taken her almost her whole life to find a man that appreciates her and loves her as a women should be loved!  But she is totally enjoying herself and her health is so much better.  It should be...they are constantly out doing things and they go dancing so much..she has always loved to dance but my dad didn't like it.  She sure is making up for all those "lost"years.  She is 76 years old and looks like and acts like she is in her early 60's.  Good for her!!
I am so happy that my girls have a great relationship with her and look forward to spending time with her!  I never had that closeness with my grandparents, either side of the family.  Both my girls will randomly just talk about things they've done with her..trips we've taken, food we've eaten together, things MeMe does with them.  It is great.
I heard someone say in a seminar that I attended that our kids will not remember all the toys and "stuff" we buy them but they WILL remember the times we spend together and the trips we take together.  I thought, at the time, yeah right.  Both girls were very young at the time.  But now that they are in their teen years that statement is so true.  Every once in a while they will talk about somewhere we've been, something we've done and inside my heart just glows and outside I smile.  What a great feeling.
So I guess what I am saying that even though our family is living apart during this trying time we are still building memories with our girls and each other.  The time we've spent together during our visits, traveling down to Oklahoma, things we are doing up here. Even sitting out on the deck and talking.  Even though your family may be split like ours is during this trying time don't forget to STILL BUILD memories.  Don't sit each day and feel poor me this sucks.  Yeah it might suck but don't get caught up in it.   Keep enjoying each day, remember it is the little things that count.  So sit on that porch and talk..your building memories.

No comments: