"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

WHAT A BLESSING!

Saturday, June 5th, just another ordinary day in the Bastien household~~the Michigan location that is!  Got up, got around, had some breakfast and went upstairs to get dressed.  I noticed the mail had come already so I grabbed it out of the box.  A stack of "bills", I groaned.  I proceeded to just drop on the table and thought I'd glance thru real quick as I'm expecting Chris' pay-check any day now.  I noticed a plain white envelope addressed to me.  The return address, I did not recognize.  "A late notice", I thought.  So with a groan I opened it.  Inside a gift, a big gift, one that I would NEVER have expected to find mailed to me.  I started to cry as I read the typed note, "There are angels on earth. Someday give the gift to someone else."  That was it, nothing else, except the gift!  I called Cassie down and handed it to her.  She opened it up, read the note and her hands started to shake.  We tried to trace the return address..no such street here in Livonia.  WOW What a gift.  Whomever sent it to us will never know how I am feeling, still, today.  I will, one day, pass this gift on.  Maybe it is from a friend of mine whom we helped out a few years ago at Christmas time? A friend?  Maybe it is from a relative?  Someone from church?  Someone I don't even know?  I would like to thank them face to face but somehow, someway, I just know they know how grateful I am, how grateful my family is.


WOW ... GOD IS GREAT!   We may never know when, where or even how great things happen, but they do..they just do.  So until I can pass on this gift to someone else I will work on passing on other "gifts"; A smile to someone that looks down, an ear to listen, open a door, help someone...etc.  But as I write this I realize I've been doing those things, maybe not as often as I should have but I try each and every day to do something for someone else, no matter what it is.  A few weeks ago I helped an elderly lady load her groceries into her car. She had a cart-full and was alone.  I felt so good afterwards.  I didn't do it to get a "reward" or a "gift" I did it because it felt right.  Just as I know my "angel" gave me this gift today because it felt right for them.  WOW  


Maybe I shouldn't be sharing this with everyone today?  But how can I not.  I want the world to know that there ARE people out there that simply help others out of the kindness in their hearts w/o ANY strings attached.  So when you are down, feel like no one really cares, just know that out there somewhere someone really does care.  Someone is praying for you, thinking of you and will be there for you.  Don't ever give up on the goodness...it is still there!!! 

So I will continue to do those things that just feel right.  Because somewhere, someday I'll get that ultimate GIFT when the doors to heaven open for me.  Maybe on that day the "angel" here on earth will be standing there (if they've gone before me) and say hey "guess what it was me..I knew you wanted to know".  Or if I go before I'll be standing there with a greeting and say "hey I've been wanting to say thank you to YOU...YOU ROCK!!!"

No comments: