"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Coldstone Ice-Cream..Mixing up Life Like Ice Cream

COLD STONE CREAMERY ....Yummy Yum Yum!  Tonight my youngest daughter treated me to a wonderful dessert by taking me to Cold Stone Creamery.  The last time I went was, oh let me think..., had to be well over 2 years ago.  I just can not bring myself to spend so much on one serving of ice-cream! But hey once in a while we deserve it, don't we?!?!?

While I was sitting here enjoying my ice-cream, and thinking of all the calories I'm consuming I started thinking about the process...the choosing of the base flavor you want, and then ALL the things you can mix in.  There was a little boy in front of us and he told his mom he wanted two flavors, I don't remember which ones.  But she said to him "....oh no you don't want those flavors they will taste really bad together."  The little boy was sad but he finally chose one flavor and one "mix" to go in it. 

So I want to know how do we really know that 2 flavors will taste really bad, unless of course we've tried them.  But then again what I like a lot you make not like at all.  For instance I had Mint Ice-Cream w/ chocolate and Cassie had cake batter with a mix.  She doesn't like mint and I don't care for cake batter ice cream at all.  When I tell people that they think I'm crazy..okay so I am but I still don't like cake batter ice cream.  Which brings me to the point HOW DO WE KNOW THAT WHAT SOMEONE WANTS IS ICKY?  We don't, unless they try and make that decision for themselves, then they won't get that again I bet.

Isn't life a lot like a Cold Stone Creamery?  We have our base (flavor) and then we have so many things that we can "mix" in.  By doing that we form and grow and become who we are today.  Sometimes, many times, along the way we will "mix" in things we shouldn't.  We will fall, we will get hurt, we won't like the "taste" but when that happens, when the "mix" is icky we have a way to fix it.  God is our way...He never ever gives up on us.  He doesn't say "don't do that it will taste really bad" He has given us free will.  Free Will to choose what we want to try.  We have His word that is there to guide us, nourish us and hopefully keep us on the right path for "mixing".  But when we do have that "odd-ball flavor" mixed in He is ALWAYS there for us with the right "flavor".

So as I'm packing, wrapping, taping, tossing, and cleaning I am trying ever so hard to be sure that I keep God in my "mix".  The "flavor" we have going on right now is pretty good..it isn't the best but sure isn't icky.  But what I'm most excited about is the "flavor" that is yet to come...God has it, He knows it and He knows I'm gonna love it. 

Don't forget when you have your base "flavor" add in that most important "mix" God...it always "tastes" so much better!!

No comments: