"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A NEW BEGINNING IS APPROACHING...

God speaks to us in MANY ways..we just need to listen.  That is something I've not been doing a lot of lately.  Sorry God.

I had a yard/moving sale last week.  The 1st day was over, it was a great sale, and I was inside relaxing.  I heard a car door, ignored it, then the dogs started barking so I got up with a big sigh and headed out.  A lady was out there, with her 2 sons.  She wanted to know if I minded if she looked around..I had everything covered up.  At first I was going to say no but then I said why not. Now here is the funny part..all day long I kept thinking I was forgetting to put something out for the sale.  Sure enough when I walked in the house after I was done I saw what I had forgot to put a DVD player!  And guess what, she needed a DVD player!  We started talking and for some reason, well we know the reason, we started about God and all the wonderful things He continues to do in our lives.  See her husband died before her eyes without any warning last year from a blood clot. Then she lost her job due to lay-offs. But somehow she STILL, with 5 sons and one of them based over-seas, KNEW GOD WAS THERE FOR HER and would provide.  What a wonderful testamony she shared with me and I shared with her our struggles.  Before she left she prayed for me and she said she just knew God would provide a person for our home and we could move to Oklahoma. 

Later in the evening while watching TV I suddenly knew I had to put the house on Craigs' List as a Lease/Option.  That was Thursday night.  By Friday night I had 4 replies and by Saturday I found the perfect couple to rent our home and purchase it down the road.  You just know it is right when that little voice GOD is saying NOW IS THE TIME and when you DO listen it starts to fall into place.  I opened the door to Greg and Sharon and we all just knew it was going to be okay.  They needed a home for their soon to be blended family and they too are in our situation of not being able to purchase anything right now.

So a new beginning is QUICKLY approaching for us, and for Sharon and Greg.  I am beyond scared but so much more than that I am excited.  Excited to see what God has in store for me and my family, excited to FINALLY be with my husband and my oldest daughter. 

I sobbed, yes sobbed when I realized Saturday night that 'my' house would not be mine much longer.  But like my mother, wise beyond her years said, it is just a structure nothing more a house not matter what it may be is only a home when you are in it with your family.  So our new home, yet to be found (but has to be found by the end of the month), is out there waiting for us!  God has it all planned out..I'm just along for the ride.

No comments: