"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

OH NO We ran out of BUTTER!!

Hello All..been a while since I've posted anything.  We've been busy; out to Wyoming to see Chris at the CNFR. Back home to continue with packing, getting a very painful test done for my and we just finished a "moving sale".  In between all my "busy-ness" I've been thinking of writing a blog BUT I think of it at night when I am in bed and exhausted.  So I just kind of lay there and think "I'll write about this or that tomorrow..."  And as you can see from my blog I just have not got it done.  Nothing I've "thought" of has hit me just right that I thought I needed to write about it...UNTIL just now as I was putting hash browns in the pan...OH NO WE RAN OUT OF BUTTER!!.

Literally we did RUN out of butter, not just yesterday BUT over a week ago.  Yes I have been meaning to go to the store but alas that store run keeps getting put on the back burner (no pun intended).  So as I sit here writing this blog and my hash browns are browning in my non-skillet pan I am writing about being out of butter.  It is okay, go ahead and laugh, I am.  We have survived, grandly, w/o any butter.  We've had popcorn, we've made toast and eggs and we have not even thought about what we are missing.  Which makes me think that BUTTER is not the only thing we can run-out of and live without.  BUT there is one thing we CAN NOT live without and that is God.  So while I am thinking about being out of butter I am thinking that God is ALWAYS there for me, even when I "run-out" on Him.  WOW how cool is that?!?!  VERY I must say.

He does not care if we "stick" or if we don't to our pan of life..He cares that we LOVE Him and we honor Him in all we do.  Have I been doing that lately..nope I have not, I must admit.  But isn't it wonderful how He puts people in our lives JUST when we need them and need to be reminded HE IS there for us.  Thank you God for putting that random person in my life during my sale and God please bless her and her family and keep YOUR arm of protection around them.  See she lost her husband almost a year ago w/o warning to a blood clot, then she lost her job and they have 5 kids!  She NEVER ran-out of her "butter" and she gave back to me so much as we chatted.

So thank you God for being MY BUTTER and NEVER running out of me.

No comments: