"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Looking Thru Rose Colored Glasses...

Well...things change, and we just can't control it.  Last week at this time we had the house leased out to a great couple w/an option to purchase.  They are still a great couple and I wish them all the best, but they had to back out.  So onward and upward.

I've contacted all the people that responded to the ad and let them know it is available to see.  The only thing; they have to do is look THRU ROSE COLORED GLASSES!!  We've been packing this past week and there are boxes stacked all-over the house!!!  The kitchen and the family room will still look great but...the rest of house has boxes stacked in each room.  We've managed to pack up all of the closet except for 2. A lot of the kitchen is done, ALL of the art work/paintings/photos are off the walls and any kind of table top decorations are wrapped.  I guess in the master bedroom I'll shove the boxes back into the closet so the room looks larger.  I'm sure some of the boxes can be stacked a little neater.  But hey we are moving out so be sure you've got those ROSE COLORED GLASSES ON!!!

When ever Chris and I have looked at anything; a home to purchase, a place for Brittany to rent, a barn to keep the horses at, an older vehicle anything at all. We always look thru our very own ROSE COLORED GLASSES.  We see what can be not what should be.  I wish more people could see thru their own ROSE COLORED GLASSES.  It is amazing what feed-back we've received from the showings on our home.  My all time favorite was the wall color..what was it to "off-white".  Things like that can be changed, easily.   Even putting in new carpet or a new kitchen faucet.  Stop worrying about the "surface" and worry more about what is beneath the surface.  The "meat and potatoes" of what-ever you are looking at.

So once again I am putting on my ROSE COLORED GLASSES and looking to SEE what God has in plan for us.  He is our "meat and potatoes", He is the glue that is holding my family together and everything else that is going on is just the surface "stuff".  By wearing my "glasses" I can see above and beyond what is really there.  Like soon we will all be living in the same state and starting on a brand new adventure.  New friendships to build, a new church to find, new and exciting things to do. But most of all just having my husband by my side, holding my hand and cuddling together, walking together, doing anything together with all of us together will be the best.

So anything that comes across my path I'm looking past.  You'll know me when you see I'll be wearing my ROSE COLORED GLASSES with a BIG smile on my face!

No comments: